Having a mole on your skin is a very common scenario and it can be easily said, that most Americans have more than one mole on their skin. And it is not unusual to find adults having around 10-30 moles on their body. The scenario, when melanocytes cells appear in cluster instead of evenly spreading throughout the length of skin, causes development of skin mole. Melanocyte cells create pigment, which is responsible for giving color to our skin.
When such moles appear on face or other prominent areas of body, they become a cause of concern, as they adversely affect your bodys aesthetics. Removing mole from your skin can be expensive, and this is the reason some people opt against removing them. There are multiple options for getting a mole removed from your body, and the cost of each method is different from other.
Usually, most moles are either black or brown in colour and their size is normally less than the size of a pencil eraser. Though they look unsightly, but moles normally do not pose any health risk. But in some extreme cases, moles could be cancerous, If the mole on your skin cause itching, bleeding or develops an unusual shape you should get it checked from a doctor.
Though removing a mole can be expensive, but by doing proper research and gaining insights on various treatment options and their cost, you can get the mole removed without spending much money. If the mole on your skin makes you feel uncomfortable and you want to get rid of it, but excessive cost are stopping you from taking action, you can use following tips-
1) Search for a certified doctor/dermatologist having office in not so expensive areas. Doctors having office in high end areas of city, often charge more money as compared to others.
2) Discuss with doctor regarding various treatment options in order to figure out the best treatment option for your skin (which also falls under your budget.)
3) Try Various home remedies. Some home remedies for removing mole from your skin are very effective. I have discussed about some of these later in this article.
4) Discuss with your insurance company, if they will cover the cost. Usually, people go for mole removal treatment because of cosmetic reasons, hence, most insurance companies do not cover the cost.
5) Mole Removal Creams- Many of these creams are marketed as a cheap and harmless way of removing a mole from your skin. But experts advise against their use, as some of these creams could leave scars on your face.
Home Removal methods-
1) Apple Cider Vinegar Apple Cider Vinegar- People use Apple Cider Vinegar to cure countless skin issues. It is also one of the most effective home remedy for removing moles from your skin. It contains tartaric and malic acid, which forces the moles to dissolve. Use a cotton ball or q-tip to simply apply small portion of apple cider vinegar on effected are daily for few days.
2) Garlic Applying the crushed garlic paste on effected areas for few days can help you get rid of moles really quick. Many people claim to have gotten good results from this remedy in less than weeks time. While using this remedy you should always protect your surrounding skin from getting in touch with garlic as it may cause some reaction.
3) Iodine- Iodine is comparatively less acidic than above two options. You can apply iodine twice or thrice a day on effected area. You will start seeing the visible results in 10-15 days. When using this method, there are lesser chances of adverse